BUILDING CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSE BOATS AND TUG BOATS:
- Upon receipt of request from clients for welding and fabrication of tugboats or barges or internal need for boat building order will be raised. The managing Director gives direction on all related activities related to the service to be provided.
- Request for engineering drawing will be made to third party who will undertake all design requirement related to the fabrications. Upon approval of the drawing by NIMASA, procurement of materials will commence.
- Material required includes steel plates, angle irons, H-beams, flanges, valves, electrical etc. The procurement process is followed for all procurement.
- Upon procurement of required items, the actual construction and framing is handled by third party while the welding activity is handled in house by certified and trained personnel.
- Onsite welding activities are undertaken taken into considerations related best practice and HSE requirements
- Alignment of engines, gear box, shaft and propeller will be conducted to ensure accurate integration and functioning of all systems.
- .After integration, all welded components are independently NDT / MPI tested to ensure conformance to requirements. This is handled by competent third party.
- After the NDT / MPI test, sandblasting is conducted then painting using anti-oxide / corrosion control and second layer painting is done to ensure adequate corrosion control requirements are met.
- Once all components and critical systems are confirmed functional, the boat is launched from land to water.
- After launching, mechanical, carpentry, electrical and plumbing system continues to be perfected.
- Boat tanks are calibrated in line with industry requirements.
- Final painting and beautification is done to identify the boat. The boat is named and prepared for final registration.
- Registration is undertaken by NIMASA and NIWA to ascertain calibration, MPI certificates, date of construction, engineering design, NIWA permit, survey, cabotage, load line and other requirements.
- Upon successful registration, the boat is commissioned for internal or public use.